Questions & Answers The Surgical Experience About Anaesthesia 

Can you give me some advice as I was born with a cleft palate and lip?

Your questions answered by our surgeon, Lucian Ion, FRCS(Plast)

Asked on 07 June 2010


I would like to have my nose reshaped but not sure how go about find the right type of surgeon as my case may be different than the usual because I was born with a cleft palate and lip-please. Can you give me some advice?


If it is a matter of cleft lip rhinoplasty only, and you are at least 17 years old, I would be happy to assist you.

If you are considering also further changes to the her cleft lip specialist for both things, or separate the lip surgery and rhinoplasty.

I do not know who would be specialising in cleft lip rhinoplasty and the UK, but the Cleft Lip and Palate Association may be a good point to start:

Lucian Ion Cosmetic Surgeon Mr Lucian Ion FRCS(Plast)
129 Harley Street

Get in touch. Talk to our helpful team or book a consultation with Mr Lucian Ion. Call 0207 486 7757

Book an appointment
Receive our newsletter